Friday, April 19, 2013

"As long as you are alive, you can still hope."

This post is being created the week of the "Boston Marathon" bombings.  Once again we have been reminded that life can be hard, and terrible things happen that we are forced to cope with. How are you doing with it all?  I don't know about you, but I know some times it seems to me like the amount of nastiness, sorrow, and fear in our world is overwhelming.

However, when I start to feel like this I notice these feelings are in competition with another deeper part inside.  It is the part that feels that most people are good in their core.  Even with this latest act of terrorism, if you counted up the number of people who perpetrated this event and compared it to the number of people who demonstrated courage, kindness, and real caring in the face of horror, the reality seems to back up that deeper truth.  Being alive means coming in contact with an evil MINORITY some times.  How do we cope?  We remain hopeful for a better day for the MAJORITY.  "As long as you are alive, you can still hope."

Boston, you have my love.